At least 37% of the world’s websites are built on the WordPress platform. It’s an extremely popular option for small to mid-sized businesses, especially. As a result, there are a lot of business owners looking for professional support for their WordPress websites. When looking for WordPress support services, it’s important to understand why you need support in the first place, identify your specific needs and find a WordPress expert who provides these services at a cost you can afford.
Why do I need WordPress support services?
Businesses with WordPress websites need WordPress support services to keep their websites secure and updated. Common services provided by WordPress pros include:
- Support against hacks and providing security scans and updates. Because of the prevalence of WordPress sites on the internet, they are commonly targeted by hackers. If your site is hacked, you will want an expert on call to restore your site to be sure it’s fixed right because hackers often try to weaken your site so that it is more susceptible to future hacks. A WordPress expert can also scan for security issues and apply security updates to reduce your chances of being hacked again or in the first place.
- Lost pages or content due to internal mistakes. It isn’t that uncommon for a business owner or employee to accidentally delete or edit something that they shouldn’t. In most cases, a WordPress expert will be able to restore the lost content or page by restoring a prior version of the site because it is on the specialist’s cloud backup.
- Completing a WordPress site does not mean that it will never need an update. WordPress provides a wide range of updates on a regular basis. Having an expert on hand to ensure that your plugins and theme are updated as needed is the best way to ensure that your site will continue to run smoothly. They can also fix a bad update.
- WordPress plugins are pieces of software that are added to WordPress sites to increase functionality. Plugins are used to create contact forms, eCommerce options, interactive maps, etc. A WordPress support specialist will be there to fix any WordPress plugin errors, software conflicts or other glitches.
- A WordPress support expert can provide regular reports about the health of your website.
- Tune-ups and edits. Slow page speeds and edits to content are two important things that WordPress support services can help with.
WordPress support pricing
By the hour
Some WordPress support providers charge by the hour for their services as needed. For example, if your site was hacked you would be on the hook for however many hours it took the expert to restore your website; often at rates of $80-$120 per hour.
WordPress maintenance plans
Some WordPress experts offer maintenance plans and support for a set monthly fee. This means that your website will be maintained to prevent a disaster but if a disaster comes, they will be there to support you. Before signing the contract, review the list of services included in the fee to ensure that your needs will be met.
Contact a WordPress support specialist
Softwired provides digital marketing solutions for our partner agencies, including ongoing WordPress technical support. Here at our agency we take WordPress support seriously; we offer monthly support plans instead of hourly support to proactively prevent the decay of your website. In addition to WordPress support, we’ve got you covered for web design, SEO, local online presence and optimization, digital marketing, digital sales, and digital advertising. To get WordPress PRO Support, click the button below: