There are a lot of reasons why you wouldn't want to pay for Cheap SEO. The first and foremost reason is that it is risky and will get you penalized by Google for spam.
It was March 2012 when Google released the first update to fight against SEO spam by penalizing websites that have purchased backlinks to manipulate search results. Since then there have been many more updates affecting many more things about a website. The bottom line is don't try to buy your way to better search engine results. You have to earn it.
Here are the top 5 things to avoid:
- Buying Links - It's pretty much common knowledge that you don't want to buy links anymore. If you do anything DO NOT BUY INBOUND LINKS TO YOUR WEBSITE. There are still some black hat SEO's doing this sort of thing and getting away with some of it but it's a ticking time bomb and you will eventually be penalized.
- Copying Content - Some companies are copying content from other websites and posting through blogs and website pages. This is not only a potential for getting penalized for duplicate content from Google but is also illegal. Copyright laws protect all the content on the website and you could get sued for doing this.
- Directory Submissions - This used to be common practice by SEO's to get backlinks but is not only a waste of time but can hurt your search engine rankings. The only caveat is to make sure you are listed properly on local directories and Google Local. Don't take short cuts and do the work to get listed properly.
- Thin Content - If your pages and posts are less than 250 words then you risk losing credibility and will get penalized. Google considers this content as "thin" and not having enough value.
- Over Optimizing - This is another common knowledge but worth mentioning again. Don't over stuff your keywords into the body copy. Your blogs should read naturally and normally.
There are other warning signs that you may be dealing with a black hat or ineffective SEO company:
- Your ROI is determined by ranking reports - Back in the day we used ranking reports to determine placement on search engines. We would target specific keywords and work on optimizing for the search engines to get higher rankings. This used to work well but now is not relevant. The reason being we don't care about rankings but rather we care about traffic more.
- They have a system but won't tell you how it works - This is common and the real reason was there used to be easy ways that SEO's charged a lot of money for to get results. If customers knew this they wouldn't pay them.
So what do you do to optimize your website? You need to create create content to attract your pontential customers using your Buyer Personas. Once you get your visitors to your website you need to create ways to convert those visitors to leads. Those leads need to be nutured through emails and social media to close as customers.
Out plans are simple to understand and deliver results. To find out more: