Digital marketing is an important part of a company’s marketing plan and has been for some time. It uses the internet and online based digital technologies such as smartphones, tablets and desktop computers and digital platforms such as Twitter to promote a company’s products and services.
So, what is digital marketing consulting and what do digital marketing consultants do for businesses?
Digital marketing consulting is the act of analyzing a company’s marketing goals and identifying ways to meet them through online marketing strategies.
A digital marketing consultant is a skilled professional in online marketing. They identify and implement digital marketing strategies to help businesses reach their marketing goals.
10 tools digital marketing consultants use to market your business
Here's a simple list of the most common methods used to market your business on the internet:
- Website banner advertising: Using banner ads on high traffic websites for links to your website. This helps create backlinks for SEO as a side effect as well.
- Search engine marketing (SEM): Marketing that seeks to promote websites through paid advertising (Pay Per Click).
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Optimizing websites for organic search engine results by providing relevant content and increasing the number and quality of backlinks coming to the website to gain credibility.
- Social media marketing: The process of reaching users through social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Email marketing: Marketing a commercial message via email to a list of email addresses.
- Referral marketing: Promoting products or services to new customers through referrals, usually word of mouth.
- Affiliate marketing: a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate's own marketing efforts.
- Inbound marketing: Creating and freely sharing informative content as a means of converting prospects into customers and customers into repeat buyers.
- Content marketing: Creating and freely sharing specific, expert content to help the community understand one or many subjects dealt with on a specific website. It is a means to pull interested people or prospects into the website while trying to convert them into customers or free subscribers, and customers into repeat buyers.
- Video marketing: This type of marketing specializes in creating videos that engage the viewer into a buying state by presenting information in video form and guiding them to a product or service.
With so many choices, you may be wondering which is the best method? The answer is that it depends on the individual business, the industry, the stage of the business (startup or established), what kinds of marketing efforts have been successful for the business in the past, and what your overall and individual campaign goals are.
Look for a digital marketing consultant to help your digital marketing efforts
Digital marketing efforts are more important today than ever because a great campaign provides a way to cut through the noise and reach your target audience. You can build your brand and increase sales.
Softwired provides digital solutions for our clients and partner agencies. We’ve got you covered for web design, SEO, local online presence and optimization, digital marketing, digital sales, and digital advertising. Whatever your business or campaign goals, know that digital marketing options are not mutually exclusive but rather need to be built upon each other. Much like a house where you start with certain foundation elements and finish with the roofing.
For more information...
Let Us Know What You Thought about this Post.
Put your Comment Below.