The importance of content marketing in building your online presence and thereby generating leads and sales cannot be overstated. But what is content marketing exactly? Content marketing is a digital marketing strategy where a business publishes relevant content and information to its target market on a regular basis. The content is used to inform consumers in an interesting or entertaining way, in order to show authority on a topic and gain the trust of consumers. Put another way, instead of direct selling, businesses hope to create demand for their product or service by building loyalty through the sharing of valuable information and increasing their rank on search engine results pages by showing themselves to be an authority on a particular topic.
Best Content Marketing Tools
Now that we know more about content marketing, we can talk about what are the best tools to use it effectively? There are marketing, interaction, sharing and measurement tools that make it easier to implement an effective content marketing strategy.
Best Social Media Marketing Tools
- Linkedin-connect with other professionals in your field and potential customers/clients interested in your services. This is also the perfect place to show experience in your industry or field.
- Instagram-perfect for branding and businesses selling products that can be displayed visually. Also great for contests and sales.
- Twitter-ideal for short term promotions or quick informational updates such as new hours, or a new associate.
- Facebook-a personal profile paired with a business page is a great way to share information about yourself and your company. This is also a perfect place to garner reviews to increase your credibility.
- Google reviews-encourage your happy customers to leave Google reviews for you as they impact your ranking on Google searches and increase your credibility.
Best Social Media Interaction Tools
- Linkedin Groups-sign up for groups relevant to your business/industry to find out what is working for others and share ideas.
- Linkedin Answers-opportunity to answer questions and gain credibility. Business to Business.
- Yahoo! Answers-opportunity to answer questions and gain credibility. Business to Consumer.
- Google Alerts-be alerted when people are talking about you.
- Google trends-research keyword trends for your industry. Stay ahead of the curve!
- Google Groups-add relevant groups to your circle to stay abreast of competitor and industry trends.
Best Content Marketing Sharing Tools
- YouTube-share informational videos.
- Vimeo-share informational videos.
- Slideshare-share a slideshow.
- Pinterest-share pictures/product description with a huge audience.
- Mix.com-a random generation of content by a user’s interest.
Best Content Marketing Measurement Tools
- Google Analytics-still an industry standard for web traffic information.
- Radian6-a paid tool specifically targeted at social media management.
There are an enormous number of free and useful content marketing tools available today and we hope this information is helpful to you. Stay tuned for future blog posts on other aspects of content marketing.
Look for a digital marketing consultant to help your digital marketing efforts
Digital marketing efforts are more important today than ever because a great campaign provides a way to cut through the noise and reach your target audience. You can build your brand and increase sales even during this time.
Softwired provides digital solutions for our clients and partner agencies. We’ve got you covered for web design, SEO, content marketing, local online presence and optimization, digital marketing, digital sales, and digital advertising. Whatever your business or campaign goals, know that digital marketing options are not mutually exclusive but rather need to be built upon each other. Much like a house where you start with certain foundation elements and finish with the roofing.
For more information...