Businesses may be confused about the sudden need for digital marketing to grow their business. After all, they’ve been hearing for years about the urgency of optimizing their website through search engine optimization. But like many things, the internet evolves over time because online users change their behavior and search engines (mainly Google) change the rules for how they rank websites in search engine results.
In this article we present a basic guide on how to get started navigating this new online world through the use of digital marketing strategies.
Marketing your business for the internet with the top 5 digital marketing strategies
- Create a professional website - The key is to have a professional create the website, NOT to use a “do it yourself” or free website. Your website is the core of all your internet marketing efforts and a weak platform will collapse all your efforts. Not only does your website need to be optimized (which requires expert work) but it should be appealing, branded, fresh and functional.
- Brand your social media channels – All businesses need profiles on Google My Business and Yelp. From there, a business should create a business page for the top two to three social media channels, depending on your client base and branding choices. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are the most popular platforms. It only takes a few minutes to set up and start using, so do it now.
- Start your business blog – One of the top three ways to build web credibility with Google and other search engines is by creating fresh content that search engines can use to index keywords for visitors to find you. The more you blog, the better you'll get at it. Stick to what you know and what you potential customers will find useful and interesting.
- Get your email marketing started - As you get more visitors to your website, you will want to gather emails for nurturing leads through the sales funnel process or flywheel so you can follow up with relevant emails. Email marketing is probably the most important part of the whole sales funnel process because it's where conversions to sales happens.
- Start using a CRM – Businesses should ideally use a robust Customer Relationship Management System to keep track of all current and potential customers and clients. The CRM can be used to segment customers with different buyer personas and stages in their buying journey for targeted emails.
Here are just a few more digital marketing tools that we use to promote and publish your content on the web:
- Press Releases
- Collaborate with other local businesses
- Create offers for downloads
- Create a video and post to YouTube
- Tweet regularly
- Interact with Facebook
- Run Google ads
- Run Facebook ads
- Post blog links on social media channels
- Put pics on Pinterest and/or post to Instagram
As you can see, the possibilities are endless; you should never run out of ideas for ways to promote your business on the web.
Look for a Digital Marketing Agency
Softwired provides digital marketing solutions for our clients and partner agencies. We’ve got you covered for web design, blogs, landing pages, SEO, local online presence and optimization, digital marketing, digital sales, and digital advertising. We build websites with WordPress themes and have been using the HubSpot platform to build blogs and landing pages since 2012.
Over the years, we’ve worked with lots of clients who need help with web engineering and digital marketing tasks but don’t have in-house staff. Finding freelancers can be a nightmare and cause a lot of problems when promising delivery of service. Whether you’re interested in web design only or more; we’re ready to help you get started!