Websites range from small and simple to large and complex because the needs and budget of each business varies greatly. Web design agencies generally offer three or more web design pricing packages to suit the needs of their potential clients. Your budget and needs will have you considering factors like the level of customization, e-Commerce, newsletter and event calendar integration, and chatbot setup. No matter what web design package makes sense for your business, each package should ensure that you end up with a high-quality website built to generate traffic and leads to your business using responsive web design. It should also be SEO optimized, compatible across web browsers, and convey your brand and message through a great user experience – including quick loading speed.
How do web design pricing packages work?
Most web design agencies offer basic, mid-level and premium web design pricing packages but some offer a much wider range of options. The basic package typically covers the basics such as home page design, contact form, on-site optimization and a limited number of web pages. Mid-level packages will include the basics plus more such as additional web pages and animated headers. Premium pricing packages generally include everything that the basic and mid-level packages offer plus additional pages and premium upgrades like e-Commerce integration.
How do I know which web design package is right for my business?
You will want to consider several factors before choosing the web design package that’s right for your business:
- How many pages you want in your sitemap
- Whether you’re looking for animation
- Need for integrations such as e-commerce, event calendars, chatbot, etc.
- Level of control you want in the design process
- Level of support you want during and after the site is built
- Whether you need hosting services
- Whether you want copywriting services
- Whether you want images to be supplied
- Whether you are able/willing to upload or transfer web content yourself
How much do web design pricing packages cost in 2020?
The average cost for designing a website ranges from as low as about $1,500 to more than $100,000.
- Small businesses can usually get away with simple websites, keeping web design costs between $1,500 and $10,000.
- Web design needs for medium-sized businesses vary substantially but often fall into the $10,000 to $50,000 price range.
- Large, enterprise level companies often need very complex websites, which can cost $50,000 to $100,000 to build.
WordPress Vs. Proprietary
Apart from package options, clients must consider whether they would like a custom designed proprietary site or a customized WordPress site. Proprietary sites are completely custom and unique but they can be very expensive to build and require the help of the original designer every time you want to make a change. WordPress sites use pre-built themes and plug-ins customized to each client along with a user-friendly content management system (CMS). They’re also a lot quicker to build than proprietary sites. The WordPress platform is used to build high-level websites all over the world. Look for a business that offers the type of web design you’re after.
Seek the help of a local web design agency
At Softwired, our web design pricing varies greatly between agencies and businesses. We use a “Three Bears” approach to determine which level of design is the best fit for your business. Our web design process is lean and agile in order to produce better results for more return on your investment. We don't waste time and money on refinements that won't be effective for your budget. Contact us today for more information.